My sister has an ankle braclet tattoo w/ charms. Each has an initial for her kids. She can add on. What are some other nice ideas you could think of?

Tags: , ,

19 Responses to “What are some tattoo ideas that include something to represent your child?”

1. Ladybug May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

How about his name
    A stork with a baby
    A symbol of luck (fish or hamsa)
    hearts to represent your love to him or her. BTW I personally dont like it when the tattoo is a shade of red, because from afar it usually looks like a sore..
    A baby
    my favorite is chinese words that mean something special. There are famous ones on the web. But I would find a chinese friend that will write down for me a spepcial word, just for my family.

2. thinpig94 May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

children are pure. the best thing to do is not to have a tatoo. keep your skin pure.

3. Rae May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

You could have one like the night sky or something- a crescent moon could represent you, and your kids could each have a star that represents them as part of the tattoo.

4. kendrafrzr May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

at some really good ones you can bring a picture of your child and they can put her on your body

5. Elle May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

A picture, there birthdates, their names, their hand prints, three hearts linked together that could represent the mother’s link to both her children

6. Princess May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

your childs footprints from their birth cert. with their name under it

7. Citrus May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

Mommy with a tattoo. Can’t imagine mine ever having one.

8. imcoolyournotgetoverit May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

well it depends on the child my lkttle brother is handicaped and has nicknames like bug a boo and hug a bug and hunny bee and hes her lttle angel. she has a cross wiht a cloud behind it and asngel wings attached to the corss woth a hunny bee on the corss do something like taht

9. rueatingthat May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

ooooooooo that’s adorable i cant think of anything sorry well maby you could do like the jim of their birth day and there anishols inside of the gim or somthing like that depinding on how many kids you could put it in difrint places but i think somthing to remember is keep it small

10. Outside the box May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

To express their individuality, let them do their own design in magic marker on you. It can be a working in progress, as they get older and add more details.

11. K T May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

If I where you I wouldn’t even bother going thru the pain of that even though I love them.I’m 25 and I adopted a ten year old.I asked her and she said "just as long as you show care for me were ever I go then I’m fine"
    But for something to represent your child I’d have a really cute shirt made with my child’s name on it and wear it.I’d also get a nice necklace with their initials on it but the best choice is to show love to your child.

12. Bojangles May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

a woman on miami ink got three flowers to represent her kids, each one was the kid’s birth flower. it was beautiful

13. Lights Out May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

you could have their name in each corner of your stomach so you could also add on, if you have 5 kids, I have no ideas………….

14. Mikike May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

You could get their astralogical symbol shaded in with their favorite color. Or just something that reminds you of them..

I saw an episode of Miami Ink where a father let his son write his name directly on him at the tattoo shop, and he had the artist tattoo over it. If I have kids someday I’d probably do something like that.

15. terri2003anne May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

Well…once my daughter is old enough to print her name, i am going to get her to print it on my wrist ( small enough to fit under my watch band) and have that tattooed on my wrist.

16. baby gurl May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

17. delight0211 May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

Tommy Lee had both his kids write their names on his wrist and then had it tattooed over. My friend has his son’s hand-print tattooed on his forearm- the boy was 2 when it was done- turned out very cute. I personally have a boomerang tattooed on my ankle- my daughter’s name means boomerang in Aborigine.

18. chetney5 May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

I really like cherub angels, depending on how many kids…

19. kemaramodel May 20, 2011 at 2:43 am #

I have a tattoo on my right front hip of a full moon(Trystan was born on a full moon) w/a star in it(he’s my first), with a cloud and his name sitting on the cloud.
    I always swore to never get a tattoo b/c I’m TERRIFIED of needles, but I got myself to do it, and I’m addicted. lol. I’m actually supposed to get my next tattoo TODAY! haha.