I want a full back tattoo, it won’t have much color and it is not too detailed. I have had small tattoos done, but I am not sure about how much money I need to save for that big of one. Does anyone have an idea on price ranges?

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “How much does a full back tattoo cost on average?”

1. denise m June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

from 500 to 2000 depends on the hours it take to be done

2. Happy Guy June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

You could get a tat of any running back pretty cheaply…I always liked OJ Simpson. (til he went psycho…)

3. Brittles June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

800+

Depending on where you go and if you put color or just keep it black and white.

4. H. O. V .I .T .O June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

Mine was about 5 grand. And alot of pain and Alot of time. I think it was like about 40 hours

5. peacesells21 June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

depends on where you get it done a few hundred to over a thousand

6. Keshaun19 K June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

free if services are given after the tatoo

7. Morgan K June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

well it can gett up to 1,000 dollers or more if you wunt a good one

8. somebody June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

there really is no "average" cost, it depends on so many factors that nobody here can really tell you for sure.
    your artist will be the main determining factor in cost. different artists charge differently, mine charges by the hour so in the beginning i really didn’t know how much it would cost and never thought i would end up paying what i did for my tattoo.
    if your artist charges by hour their speed will be another factor, over the past 2 years my artist has gotten phenomenally faster which has worked in my favor because i was able to get more tattoo work for the same price.
    also more talented artists just charge more. someone who isn’t all that great isn’t going to charge as much for their time as someone who is an amazing artist. and you definitely get what you pay for.
    the MOST important thing to consider when getting a tattoo is the artists talent. if they aren’t talented it’ll just look awful and you’ll have to go thru life with a horrible tattoo on your body. do your research, it will pay off in the end.
    my back cost me a little over $2,000.

9. Jackie O June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

one of my friends got it done, it depends but on average i’ve heard $600-800+, but without color and much detail, i’d say the lower end of the average.

10. tonguebrator June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

depend how big of an area were talkin… andre the giants back or little red riding hood there’s a big difference……

11. rural June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

Mine cost between $1500 and $1800, kinda lost track. Don’t regret it a bit.

12. ਸ਼ਰਾਰਤੀ Shareef June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

The operating procedure is usually to pay as you go — the thing will take many sessions, so you go whenever you have enough money for a session.

13. honeychild_star June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

It all depends, most tattoo shops charge by the hour, $100 and hour is average but some go right up to $150 or $200. But if it is a large peice they may charge you in sessions which you would have to ask a store about. The most time your allowed to sit in one session is 8 hours.
    Your best bet is to go around to a few stores and ask for quotes, they dont cost anything and once you choose your artist and they have given you a quote they usually cant charge you more then that unless you are sitting there for alot longer then they thought.
    My bf got from his ankle to his knee done and that cost 350 it took 3 and a half hours and that had lots of detail and colours in it.
    Good luck :)

14. red_samurai_dragon June 27, 2011 at 5:08 am #

ive got 1000 dollars in just my half sleeve on my arm..
    but my artist is amazing..
    so amazing..
    worth everypenny..
    ill probably have 3000-4000 on my arms by the time its done..