My first tattoo I got about 2 weeks ago.It has already gone through peeling. Just curious cause I don’t want to mess it up. Thanks
yes I have been washing it three times a day with tattoo goo soap and lotion.

7 Responses to “How long after tattoo can you take a bath?”

1. Gmachine September 18, 2012 at 4:33 am #

You will probably see a lot of different answers for this, as a lot of artists give different advice. There’s nothing stopping you from having a shower / bath the same day as getting it done, as long as you don’t soak the tattoo, as that will bring the ink out. So a quick shower won’t do any damage at all. After about 2 – 3 weeks it should be fully healed and you can be free to soak.

2. DarkFuzzion September 18, 2012 at 4:33 am #

2 weeks without showering with a tattoo, I would wait 1 more week just to be safe.

3. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jordan Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ September 18, 2012 at 4:33 am #

With all my tattoos, I’ve been told at least 2 weeks, unless it’s not done peeling yet. You say you’re done peeling and that it’s been two weeks, so you should be fine. I think you’re supposed to avoid super hot water for awhile, though.

4. Christina G Tattoos September 18, 2012 at 4:33 am #

I sincerely hope you are showering daily…..otherwise that would be scary. After getting a tattoo you should leave the bandage on for 1-2 hours and then you’re good to go on showering. You can not submerge your tattoo in water but you can (and should) shower. You should be washing your tattoo at least once or twice a day. If you want to take a bath thats fine as long as you dont submerge the tattoo in water. After its done peeling there are no worries about water damage.

5. Samantha September 18, 2012 at 4:33 am #

I got my tattoo and took a shower a few hours later. It looks perfect still. You just can’t SUBMERGE it in water. I’m super after two weeks you should be fine though.

6. LINDSEY S September 18, 2012 at 4:33 am #

You shouldn’t have baths, just showers until your tattoo has completely healed. Or try best as possible to keep your tattoo out of the bath water. If your tattoo is past the pealing stage and it’s no longer shiny looking you should be ok to have a bath. If your tattoo starts to sting in the water then it’s not healed yet.

7. John Nickle September 18, 2012 at 4:33 am #

You should be okay. You should wait until it is completely healed to soak it.
    I use Rocco’s Old School Tattoo Balm on all my old and new tattoo’s.
    Heals mine a lot faster than the tradition lotion/ointment.
    It also makes my older faded tattoo’s look new and fresh.
    Here’s there link – http://www.roccosoldschool.com